Wednesday, January 10, 2007

back to the city

I've been back in the city for four days now and have been able to get back to work on my painting. Just little sketches of some children's book ideas in my sketchbook and started a rooster painting tonight. The inspiration has been slowly coming back to me now that some issues are behind me now. Let me just say that I am so thankful for my family and best friends.

For any art magazine freaks out there like me, I would recommend buying the January issue of Juxtapose magazine. It features Tara McPherson, my concepts teacher, a very talented, successful illustrator. She is quite a master w/ posters, I personally am intrigued by the patterns and borders she integrates in her work. I made this concert poster in Tara's class last semester, a project that opened a lot of doors artistically for me.




During a venture to Books of Wonder, I discoved that one of the best children's book illustrators out there, Tomie dePaola, will be there February 10th. A definite must-see if you ask me.

No comments: