Thursday, July 12, 2007

Gauguin paintings

Have you ever had one of those moments where you turn the corner of a museum and are just completely giddy with excitement to see the one painting you have always loved? I had one of those moments at Musee d'Orsay, where I just was in complete shock of the Gauguin paintings. He has always been my favorite painters since highschool due to his bold use of color. The Tahitian women have especially always captured my attention especially the one at the Met. I think the colors he incorporates into the skintones of the women is just breathtaking. Unfortunately two of his most famous paintings that I really looked forward to seeing were on exhibition in Seoul Korea. Hmmm....well, that gives me a reason to plan a trip back to France in the near future just so that I can see the two that I missed. Of all the artwork that I have been lucky to view during my time in Paris, the Gauguin paintings have had the largest impact on me.









No comments: