Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Back up and Running

I got back to nyc Sunday and I brought my computer to TechServe the next day. Must say...best $400 I've spent in a while. I have a functioning computer just in time for the new year. Clap Clap Clap!

I went home to a new house this Christmas but many of the same traditions that make Christmas special for me still took place. Some yearly Christmas doings:

luminaries:
It started in Buffalo, NY when my mom was little and we still do it every year...used to put candles in sand-weighted brown bags, but they, according to ed, "got stuck in the snow blower and bag shreds were around through the first thaw." So now we do them in milk jugs. tada!



It's always Amy and me that freeze our butts off, while Kate watches from inside. This year, gotta give her credit, she helped us light the candles.



From the front.



we leave them lit overnight and hope that a few are still lit by christmas morning.



our 'after-christmas-mass-while-we-still-look-nice-but-before-pajamas'
christmas picture
:
christmas picture after mass on christmas eve...usually the seventh is the charm

Since I am the only one who knows how to do automatic timing, I am always running into the picture...

awkward



awkward...



ed looks like he's gunna head-butt the camera



two good ones
#1



#2


Tada!

Happy Holidays!

No comments: