Friday, January 26, 2007

February Natl Geo Adventure

The February Issue of Nat. Geographic Adventure has a map of India that I painted what seems like ages ago. I am really pleased with the incorporation of labeling. Originally, I had painted in the labeling, but w/ reproduction, it would have made for really small type. Way to go, my successor, Lauren (sorry if I am incorrect w/ the name, my memory fails me) w/ the placement of text and labeling. Making the labeling of a map look good is not always as easy as it looks, I learned that this summer interning there. I have been really lucky to be able to illustrate for Adventure during my time there as well as post-internship-really great ppl there. Anyways, I am not sure what exact page it is on being that I haven't been able to locate one in any of the magazine stores I have been into, but look up Where Next: India, and the map will be in that package. This is the link to the article and map: http://nationalgeographic.com/adventure/travel/india-2.html.

No comments: