Thursday, October 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!



Yesterdayy was my 24th birthday. I was feeling pretty down the day before (which I tend to be around my bday) and told myself, I had one day to be sad. Then after, and on my bday, NADA. I told myself to snap out of it and enjoy it!

Well, I did. A lot.

The graphics team treated me to a choice of 2 drinks: coffee & chai in the morning w/ some ultra awesome TimBits. Soo sweet. It was very nice of them! And I was treated to lunch by the girls in design. So Sweet!

I was chomping at the bit to get out of work to go to Apotheke to meet up w/ 3 of my favorite people in the world: Amy, Katie & Tom (Katie L joined us too!).

The time finally came and I got my birthday hat on!





Soo yadda, yadda, yadda. We had a fabulous dinner on Mulberry street in Little Italy.
We were even serenaded by the Italian guy singing That's Amore as per Ms. Katie's request.

And Amy got me a gorgeous chocolate cake w/ Orange Frosting (so fall! she's knows me too well) from Glaser's (a new neighborhood favorite).

After taking the subway, I get home with Amy. That's when I got the BIG surprise.
I noticed my bedroom door was closed and I usually never take the time to fully close my door when I leave for work. Welll....Tom took a half day and met Amy up at our place to blow up balloons that filled my room. It was quick a shock to walk in and see 24 yellow balloons!





It totally SURPRISED me. I even believed his white lie, "Sorry, Lindsey. I didn't have time to get you a present this week."


I'll say. Quite a present all right. :)

No comments: