Friday, November 18, 2011

Charitable Holiday Shopping

This holiday season, I am making it a point to search high and low to pick holiday presents that will not only delight the receiver, but also do double duty and help benefit someone in need.

With the internet and social networking, there are so many businesses out there that you can find to make your cash go a little farther this holiday season. Whether I buy a gift from a charitable business or from a small business, I am trying to make my money spent go a little further to help someone.

These are a few of my favorites this season:


1-2-3-4
IOU Project works with Indian weavers and Spanish tailors to make one of a kind unique items. And I recently bought this, this, and this. The quality, color, and sizing is superb. A note of advice though, it's better to buy more at one time due to the higher cost of shipping from Europe.

------


1-2-3
Works with world-wide artisans that is completely fair trade retailer.

------



Indego Africa was introduced to me by my co-worker Chrissie. They work with African women educating them. All the items sold are made by the women and profits from merchandise goes back into the company to educate and empower the women.

------

Hand in Hand soap
1
With every bar of soap sold, one bar of soap is given to children to prevent water-related deaths.

------

Necklaces made by Ugandan women that are also involved in the 31 bits 4 year program to educate women on english, finance, and health.

------

25% of your purchase will go towards a charity of your choice.

------

This Shirt Helps
1-2
Clothing purchase goes to a charity of your choice.

------




I hope this can help you with some of your holiday shopping this year! Do you know of any companies who have the same charitable spirit? Please post in the comments below, I would love to hear about them.

***all product shots are taken from their respective websites***
**This is all my personal opinion, and Iwas not compensated by any of the above companies. I just like for what they stand for.**

No comments: