Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Smalltown Traffic

I finally pushed myself to finish this piece. I have had it living in limbo between my sketchbook, a rough illustrator file and in my head for a few months now. I love taking childhood memories, especially my brief schooling at safety town. I loved safety town! Meeting the firemen, riding in little cars, looking both ways before crossing the street, pulling over to the right for ambulances. (funny because all those things, looking both ways and pulling over for ambulances don't really happen in the city).

The little cars, the little houses, traffic lights and safety equipment are really things that I am drawn to when I get down to sketching late at night. I really wanted to challenge myself by making a true environment that receded into space. I think that is why it took me a bit to tackle this piece. And so here it is:







No comments: