Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Sun Smarts

I had started this personal piece before Memorial Day because I was inspired by the National Council on Skin Cancer Prevention's "Don't Fry Day." (You may have seen a snap earlier on my instagram from this one). Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to finish it until today, which is weird, because it is a dark and gloomy day here in Brooklyn.

Don't Fry Day is the Friday before Memorial Day and meant to "...encourage sun safety awareness and to remind everyone to protect their skin while enjoying the outdoors." I think that's perfect. As someone who has learned to embrace their pale skin and has a family history of skin cancer, I am really passionate about spreading awareness of skin cancer prevention and just simply being smart. 


So, here, I took some doodles from my sketchbook and added some fun neon pops to it. I hope you can be inspired to adopt some sun safe habits.



I would love to do some sort of collaboration/PSA with The Skin Cancer Foundation. :) I mean, you gotta put your heart in what you are passionate about, right?


Ps if you would like to follow the Skin Cancer Foundation on fb, you can follow them here.

No comments: